Many people are switching the way they are gardening by building vertical aquaponics instead of continuing to use traditional gardening methods.So what makes vertical aquaponics better than the traditional methods?
There are many advantages to using a vertical aquaponics system.
Advantages of Vertical aquaponics:
When it comes to using vertical aquaponics you have a significant reduction in how much water you use in gardening. Mainly because all the water in the system is continuously recycled instead of discarding it as you would with traditional gardening.
- When you use this system you will find that your plants grow at an accelerated rate. With aquaponics the plants roots are literally flooded with water. Due to the fact that the plant has access to high levels of nitrates that flow in the water they grow faster than plants that are just in traditional soil.Click here to learn .
- Vertical aquaponics create larger and in turn healthier vegetables that what you get when you grow them in traditional soil. Although healthy vegetables can be grow in soil they typically tend to thrive more in an aquaponics environment.
- When it comes to using vertical aquaponics you don’t need to use artificial fertilizer for the plants. A lot of people who use aquaponics use supplements like iron for their system to compensate for environments that tend to be high in PH. Fertilizer is never used which gives you an overall savings.see the best ph tester.
- You use less space with vertical aquaponics then you would with a traditional garden. There is a reduction in the land that is required to grow the same amount of food. Plants and vegetables can be grown closely together to save space allowing for more food to be grown at the same time. The only thing needed is sufficient access to light.
- The step up for a yearlong aquaponics system is far easier than the traditional gardening model. The beds for the plants are all off the ground and are very compact. It’s also beneficial because it’s off the ground during the months where the ground would freeze.
- There is less damage from pests or diseases when you use vertical aquaponics. You will find that there is a lot less leaf damage on the vegetation and plants that you are growing. That can have a lot to do with the fact that the system is off the ground and would therefore have less contact with pests.
For more details you can collect this book.